The mission of the National Literacy Directory is to help individuals find local literacy and education programs and testing centers in their areas. Each year, more than 50,000 potential students and volunteers are connected with the 7,000+ educational agencies currently listed in the National Literacy Directory.
The National Literacy Directory wants to recognize and reward innovative literacy and education programs that are finding solutions to persistent challenges. The next Innovation Grant opens on April 3, 2017, and the deadline will be April 21, 2017. A link to the application will be placed on this page, and all current NLD users will receive an email announcing the opening of this grant.
These Directory members were recently selected to receive Innovation Grant Awards for their successful and innovative approaches to increasing programmatic reach. Literacy and education programs listed in the Directory are eligible to apply for an Innovation Grant. To join the Directory, submit your member listing here.
- Urban Peak in Denver (CO) *COABE EDITION GRANTEE
- Adult Education Program of the School District of Newberry County (S.C.) *COABE EDITION GRANTEE
- Kalamazoo Literacy Council (MI)
- Literacy Works (Chicago)
- Nashville International Center for Empowerment (NICE)(TN)
- Santa Barbara Public Library System (SBPLS)(CA)
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County (OK)
The Directory is managed by the National Center for Families Learning. For the latest Directory updates, additional grant opportunities, and access to free learning resources, subscribe to NCFL's monthly e-newsletter.